Monday, May 26, 2008

Second Life
WEll 5 days to start CRRI, back at hostel, at 08.30pm chattin with some of my friends suddenly we plan a trip the last as a medico, plans a road trip to goa, within 30 min bags are packed.At 9.30pm we start. fuel is full and all set.Its a 20 hr drive people call us krazy but somehow i love such trips. There is nothing that equals an unplanned long distance trip.A good climate cool breeze and low traffic we cover 100km in 2.30hrs ,that was just 10% of what we had to cover.then climate changes. Good roads with rains nothing as dangerous.the rain doesnt dampen our spirit. wE joked we sang we were so happy, what we never knew was that a truck had broken down and there was another truck that was overtaking and that it would be there to meet us at the curve on the wrong side.
At quater past one in the drivers seat as we take the curve I get a shock 2 lane road with 4 lights from 2 container trailers right ahead. my friend and co driver nidhil calls out my name. In a split second 3 things come to my mind death, brake and about nidhil.The first sight gives me the impression that we are dead but the better part of my brain sends reflexes that makes me push the brake but the slippery roads. Even after full braking the car slips towards the centre of the container trailer the fear of something happening to him suddenly makes me turn the car and the left side of the car collide with the trailer and leaves behind no major casualities except a torn finger capsule with congestion .Iybus thumb is elasto plastered with restriction in mobility and a badly damaged car.So we cancel GOa and back home with a car in a bad shape.Well, everything happens for the best. THIS TOO.....
MY SECOND LIFE

No comments: